Chocolate cake without milk or egg – healthy recipe
There is no dessert more classic than the chocolate cake. But some avoid it, either because of allergy to bedding or eggs or because they follow a strict vegetarian (vegan) diet and do not eat them. Here is the delicious solution! Our recipe does not carry milk or eggs. We warn you that it is not low in sugar or fat, but it is a good source of fiber and contains no cholesterol. Treat yourself!
Recipe preparation time: 60 minutes
Difficulty of recipe: Average
Ingredients of the recipe:
- PAM ™ or other cooking spray
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup natural cocoa powder (not sweet)
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- Preheat oven to 175º C / 350º F.
- Grease a 20 cm (8 inch) rectangular mold with PAM ™ to cook and sprinkle with cocoa.
- Mix the hot water with the cocoa powder in a small bowl until well blended.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and form a hole in the center.
- Add the cocoa mixture in the center along with the oil and vanilla.
- Stir with a balloon whisk until well blended and smooth. Add the vinegar and stir well.
- Pour over the prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick in the center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes.
- Roll a knife around the mold and unmold. Cool on a rack.
Use the best type of cocoa you can, as it is the main flavor of the cake.
Serve with a thick chocolate sauce and vanilla ice cream.
The recipe yields: 8 servings
Per serving: 426 calories; 74.2 g carbohydrates; 9.2 g protein; 17.5 g fats; 10.2 g fiber; 31.9 g sugars; 0.0 mg cholesterol